Thursday, October 2, 2008

11 Weeks Old & 5 Pounds!!

Yes you read that right. Ray San has reached the 5 lbs. mark. He is actually 5 lbs. 0.4 oz. (2279 grams). I can check that off of his list now =] Ray San is also up to 45 ml. now. He's also learning to bottle feed and has actually done quite a few full feeds. I've been practicing with him too, but he is never interested when I feed him the bottle. He seems more interested in me and what I'm doing then the fact that it is time to eat. As long as I'm not there, he eats from the bottle. At some feeds he is too tired and they just feed him through the tube, but for the most part he is bottle feeding.

Ray San is 11 weeks old. He has come such a long way. He is now 5 lbs. and 18" long. He is such a big boy now. The crazy thing is that technically he isn't even considered full term. He won't be 36 weeks until Friday. He really has done so many fantastic things. Just a bit more and we will be home. He really is getting so close to coming home. I can just feel it. Maybe it is just the fact that I want him to come home so bad. I want him to meet all of his wonderful families and friends.
Here are the latest pictures of our big 5 lbs. boy!!
Peek a boo!
Watching the mobile that one of his favorite nurses Jodelle brought in for him.

11 comments:

Denise Opsahl said...

Yay for 5 pounds!!! That's great...I'm so excited for him to come home and I can't wait to meet him :)

Peabody said...

Yay! That is so awesome Marcie! Go 5 pounds! Ray will be home in no time!

Jody said...

Yay for 5 lbs!! He is sooo cute, I can't wait to meet him someday :)

Sandee said...

It won't be long now and you'll have a baby AT HOME with you. Then we'll have to plan a trip to Seattle.

Savara07 said...

Wow Marcie! He's looking Fabulous!! He'll be home before you know it!

dianne said...

What a milestone! At this rate Ray San will be home for Thanksgiving! The pictures of him are great and gives me the chance to stay connected with him from across the country! love dianne

Anonymous said...

Marcie!! I'm so excited for you..I keep getting all misty eyed! That is so wonderful that he is up to 5 lbs!!! What is left for him to accomplish before they are ready to send him home with his mommy and daddy? I can only imagine how happy you are. Once you get his going home date you will have to start an appointment book so everyone can schedule a time to visit. I can't wait to meet him, he is becoming so handsome! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Congratulations- 5lbs is awesome!!! He will be home before you know it :)
I am so happy for you and your family. I can't wait to meet your little man!!!

Sandee said...

Marcie, I am in CA with Danette and I need to e-mail you...please contact me at kroog747@hotmail.com
thanks, Aunt Sandee

Nick, Megan, Chelsea and Tenlee said...

Not much longer and that BIG boy will get to come home!! I'm so happy...5lbs!!

Anonymous said...

So adorable! Looked like he was smiling at the beginning of the video. I can't wait to meet him. Hurray for 5 pounds! Love ya :)

Thanks for Reading!