Monday, September 22, 2008

Check & Check

Ray San has reached 4 lbs. In fact, today he was 1905 (4 lbs. 2.2 oz.). Can you believe how big he is getting now?!? He's getting 36 ml. of my milk over an hour still. it is still fortified and he's also getting extra iron. I can't believe how fast he's growing lately.
Big naked baby!!
Check number two... he's out of the incubator!! He's been keeping his temp up too. It was so much easier to change his diaper today and it was so nice to be able to just pick him up and put him back as I wanted. He's such a big boy now =]

Ray San has range of motion exercises to do as well. He has to do bicycle kicks, high five and so big. He really hates the so big. Here's a little video of his nurse Jodelle showing me how to properly do each exercise. Listen to him cry when he has to do so big. It is so cute.

Ray finished the last of the stripes for Ray San's room tonight. Look at how straight and fantastic the wall looks. I'm excited to get the room together now. He still has to put the moulding on top and bottom, but it is really coming along.

Saturday was the baby shower for my dad's side of the family. My Auntie Kido & Auntie Marcia threw the party for me with help from my Auntie Dianne who is all the way in Boston. They went all out with a super cute safari theme. We were really spoiled and Ray San received numerous gifts. He got his car seat and stroller combo, highchair, bassinet, bathtub, baby monitor, lamp, crib bedding, musical mobile, clothes, embroidered bib, burp cloth & blanket, infant seat, sling, bibs and many other incredible gifts. Ray San was really showered by his wonderful family.

The cookies Auntie Marcia made & decorated by hand. No cookie cutters involved!!

Some of the gifts

The diaper cake also made by Auntie Marcia

5 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations, the jump from 3 to 4 was so fast - before you know it, he'll be 5 lbs! He's so cute, although later he'll be mad about the naked picture on the internet, hehehe!

Nick, Megan, Chelsea and Tenlee said...

I can't believe how big he's getting. I'm so excited he's hit the 4 lb mark!! And what a cutie...he is getting more and more handsome each day. :)

love you guys!

Amy H. said...

Hey, Little Ray and I have something in common! They make me do something very similar to "so big" at PT for my back. It doesn't make me cry though. :)

Peabody said...

Well there is no denying he is a boy in that first picture. ;)
GO 4 pounds! Yay.
I of course am so loving the cookies your aunt made, those are great.

Anonymous said...

Wow, 4 pounds! Great news. I can't wait to see him again...

Thanks for Reading!