Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Weekend Update

So Saturday my friends Rachel and Adrienne threw me a baby shower. It was so much fun. There were about a dozen girls. We ate good food, played a game and just chatted the afternoon away. Here's some pictures.We played a game where Adrienne put baby related items in a paper bag. There were 13 items and we had to feel the bag and then guess what was inside. It was a lot harder then it sounds. Chantel ended up winning with guessing 11 items correctly!!

I also got to meet Ray San's newest buddies (Anderson & Davis). They are absolutely adorable. I cannot wait for the three of them to have their first play date.
After the shower, I headed down to see Ray San. His Great-Grandma Orme came to visit. We had a nice visit and she told me an interesting tidbit. She read some where that mother nature makes the first child look more like the father so that they will stick around and bond with the child. I wonder if that will be true with Ray San.

Today Ray San was up 40 grams to 1430 (3 lbs. 2.4 oz.). He's getting to be a chunky monkey =] He is also 15.55 inches tall and his head is 11.22 inches around.

He also had his ROP (Retinopathy of Prematurity) eye test. In infants born prematurely, the blood vessels that supply the retinas are not yet completely developed. The blood vessel growth continues after birth, but these vessels may develop in an abnormal, disorganized pattern, which is known as ROP. It can be potentially blinding. Well his test came back clear so far so that's good news!!

He is also getting 30 ml. of my milk now. He is going to be 5 lbs. before we know it and coming home. Here's some of the latest pictures.

Look at him sucking on his fingers

2 comments:

Peabody said...

Sorry I missed out. :( But so not wanting to chance you getting sick and bringing any germs to baby Ray. Glad you had a good time though.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I couldn't make the shower. It looks like it was fun, and great food! Ray San is looking super cute and growing like a weed. Congrats on the ROP check. Every day he makes great progress. Tell him to keep up the good work!
Ruth

Thanks for Reading!