Thursday, August 21, 2008

5 Weeks

We have reached the 5 week mark. It is pretty amazing. So here are the latest things going on with Ray San.

For the last couple of days, he was out of the incubator and on just a nursery bed. I was shocked to see him like that and was also scared. He was just out in the open subjected to the light, noise and germs. Thankfully last night they put him back in the incubator. I feel so much better about that.

He is still on the ventilator. They think that he threw up and swallowed a lot of it and it got into his lungs. That caused him to have trouble breathing and hence why he had to go back on the vent. They hope he's off it and on the CPAP in a couple days.

His weight is down again. He was 2lbs. almost 8oz. Now he's 2lbs. 5oz. again. He's also not eating a lot since he had the issue. I think he was getting 24ml. and now he's getting 17ml. They say that will increase again too once they are sure he is ok.

Ray San has a hernia as well. The doctor says it is really common, but he is also one of the younger ones to get it. It will have to be repaired surgically at some point too. For now he is tolerating it and they are able to push it in still. They are just going to monitor it and make sure that it doesn't interfere with his bowels and stays soft. If it starts interfering it will get hard and they will have to do surgery right away.

Some good news is that he has had 3 brain scans now and they have all been negative and clear. That is fantastic news!!

Something that Ray San has coming up is an eye exam. They are going to do that around 31, 32 weeks so he's still about a week or two out. What they are looking for is ROP. An eye disease affecting the way the blood vessels in the eyes grow. His chance of having ROP is pretty good so it is just a matter of the severity. The majority of the time the disease cures itself. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it isn't very severe.

I think that is pretty much the latest and greatest. The doctor is still pleased with his progress and only concerned about his hernia. I'm glad to hear that.

As usual... pictures!! It was hard to get a good picture of him since he was facing away from us and I couldn't get around to the other side.


I have also been keeping up my pumping. Our freezer is pretty full now. This is just some of the milk in there. Ray was doing a good job organizing it, but as you can tell, that didn't last very long.

One last thing is a request.

I need to ty.pe fun.ny so I do.n't get cau.ght. If you wou.ld vis.it the lin.ks to the ri.ght of our wed.ding pic.ture I wou.ld app.rec.iate it. Ea.ch cl.ick ea.rns us so.me mo.ney. On.ce we ea.rn $100 we wi.ll get a ch.eck in the ma.il. So if you cou.ld cl.ick th.em ea.ch ti.me you vis.it our pa.ge, we wou.ld app.rec.iate it. Th.ank.s. E-m.ail me if you do.n't un.der.stan.d.

2 comments:

Joanna Hruska said...

I love the picture of the milk in the freezer. Hilarious! I definitely need to see little Ray again, he's too cute for words.

Nick, Megan, Chelsea and Tenlee said...

Oh, I love his little head of hair. He's looking great, Marcie. You are doing such a great job of documenting everything (this will make your scrapbook so easy!!) and keeping everyone up to date. I continue to send you our good wishes and prayers.

-Megan

Thanks for Reading!