Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Big Day For Mama

Yesterday we went to visit Ray San and he was not doing good. He was really unhappy and seemed to just be cranky. In order to try to help calm him down, I take one hand and rest it on his head and the other on his legs. I just applied gentle pressure and talked to him. It took a long time to calm him down and I was concerned that it wasn't working. He finally calmed down with the help of a little morphine. Here is how I try to calm him.
I was supposed to go to invitation work today, but decided I needed to be at the hospital to make sure Ray San was good. Well it was a good thing because today was a good day and a big day for me.

When we got to the hospital, they had just fed him. They are now feeding him 1cc of my milk every 3 hours. He is also having a dirty dirty diaper pretty much every diaper change. After we had been there for maybe 30 mins. it was time for another diaper change. Who got to try it? Me!! I changed two diapers today. The first one was dirty dirty and actually pretty scary. Ray San is still pretty little and I was afraid I was going to hurt him. It took me a long time, but we finally made it through. Here's the change.

I also got to take his temperature.
He really hates to be bothered. He is so cute though because you can just tell he is annoyed but at the same time he is stretching his arms and legs way out there. Here is a picture of his cute foot. I can't get over how much I love his little footsie.
Ray San is still doing great. He is definitely getting bigger. The nurses that usually take care of him get a couple of days off. One of our favorite nurses, Jodelle, came to me today and said "He is huge." She could not get over how much he had grown in just a few days. He is still pretty little though and here are a couple of pictures for reference.
Ray San was also up to 960 grams today which is about 2 lbs. 2 oz. That's a big step up from his birthweight of 1 lb. 11 oz.
So yep... today was definitely a good day for both of us. I'm still waiting to be able to hold him so I hope he goes on the CPAP, the little face mask, soon. I will be scared to hold him, but at the same time it will be so amazing. I'm sure I will shed a few tears that day.

2 comments:

Nick, Megan, Chelsea and Tenlee said...

What GREAT pictures, Marcie. I'm so glad to hear that he is doing better each day. We are sending good thoughts and prayers your way...

Love you!!
N, M and C

Anonymous said...

Marcie, we feel so fortunate to be part of this journey with you. Thank you for opening up your lives to all of us out here. We are all thinking of all of you each day. :) Love, Tiff & Jon

Thanks for Reading!