Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hold... Again!

Last night I got to hold Ray San again. It was just as exciting as the first time. I actually got to hold him for 40 minutes. He was so happy and was even more mad about going back this time. Man I love that kid. Once again... pictures!!

Getting ready to settle in
Comfy

Look at that cute little hand
Who's bigger?
As good as the first time

Going back to bed
I changed his diaper again for the first time in probably a week. I also got my first experience with the pee fountain. Good thing he was coming out to be held. It made it a lot easier for the nurse to change his wet bedding. Speaking of bedding, he moved into a new incubator. I'm not sure if they needed his for a new preemie or what, but he doesn't seem to mind. Here's his new bed.Another change for Ray San is that as of last night, he was no longer getting any supplemental food via IV. He was exclusively eating my milk alone. It looked like he was getting 18 ml of milk over an hour and then taking a couple hours to digest that. I will check this morning to see how his feedings are going. The nurse also said they should start fortifying my milk soon so he will be getting even more calories. Hopefully he will be growing like a weed now.
Things still seem to be heading in the right direction for Ray San. I'm sure it is all the good thoughts and prayers you all are giving him. Thank you for continuing those.

3 comments:

Peabody said...

Yay! So excited that you got to hold Ray San again.
It all sounds like things are moving in the right direction.

Anonymous said...

Ray San is super cute and looks so comfy with you! I love skin to skin- no bond stronger than the one between mommy and baby. Congrats on your wedding anniversary- that was such a fun day for our family too!
Ruth Brenner

Anonymous said...

Marcie!!!
WOW! What a great weekend! That is INCREDIBLE that he's eating so well!! YAY!!! :) Nat Nelson

Thanks for Reading!